Dear Members of the Turquoise Council of Americans and Eurasians:
Turquoise Council of Americans and Eurasians is the largest Turkish-Turkic and Eurasian American umbrella organization in the South and Southwestern region of the United States, encompassing local and regional organizations across the region.
Turquoise Council is serving as a respected voice for the Turkish-Turkic and Eurasian American communities at the nation's south and southwest, empowering grassroots in civic and public arenas, informs the American political establishment and government agencies, media and public on issues important to Turkish-Turkic and Eurasian Americans, and supports U.S. – Turkish, Turkic and Eurasian relations.
As recipients of the Turquoise Council E-Newsletter, you become well aware of the Council’s activities and programs. The Council has a very tremendous elected volunteer Board of Directors to plan and conduct activities and programs that support the mission. Turquoise Council relies on dedicated volunteers regionally and your generous financial support to carryout its mission. Please visit our web site www.turquoisecouncil.org for more information.
As we are at the beginning of 2010, Turquoise Council has been diligently preparing for major projects and challenges in 2010, as I explain further below.
Your support is crucial. I kindly ask that if you have not already, please become a Turquoise Council member now. If you are already a member, please renew your Turquoise Council membership now. Your membership donation of $250 or greater is completely tax deductible, as the Turquoise Council is an Internal Revenue Code 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization.
Becoming a member and contributing is easy, by email, regular mail, or fax at www.turquoisecouncil.org.
Needless to say, it is the financial support we receive from you, the Turkish-Turkic and Eurasian American community that is the backbone of our mission. Your good minds and dedication are the engine and the spirit that drive the Turquoise Council of Americans and Eurasians.
As we move forward in 2010, below are the highlights of Turquoise Council projects which await your generous support:
- Turquoise Council Congressional Staff Trips: Turquoise Council organizes trips to Turkey for the House Staff of the United States, entitled “A Field Trip to Turkey”.
The following specific objectives for the project are to introduce and provide broad exposure to Turkish political, economic, and social issues, to gain an understanding of topics including national security, foreign policy, trade, economic development & finance, remarkable achievements of the civil society, religious diversity and minority rights and to promote mutual understanding through dialogue and discussion among the American participants and the Turkish authorities / civil society.
- Turquoise Council Friendship Receptions: The Council organizes receptions for the legislators and state leaders in Austin-TX, Oklahoma City-OK, Santa Fe-NM, Topeka-KS, Jackson-MS, Little Rock-AR, and Baton Rouge-LA to build up a bridge of understanding and long lasting friendship between the Council, its component organizations and State leaders and Legislators.
Turquoise Council Trade Missions: Turquoise Council organizes Trade Missions in order to further the current Business Relations between Turkey and Turkic World and United States. This trade mission offers both sides the chance to visit this rapidly expanding market which also offers itself as an important gateway to the Middle East and its neighboring countries.
- Turquoise Council Multicultural Task Forces: Turquoise Council, with the purpose of bringing people together with an interest in the American and Turkish, Turkic and Eurasian cultures for a lasting friendship and doing better public service, will build up Turquoise Council Multicultural Task Forces at the State Houses in its vicinity by hosting public programs and private events involving forums, luncheons, conferences, studies and leadership dialogs as well as legislative trips through its component organizations.
- Turquoise Council Awards: Turquoise Council awards state leaders and legislators who have contributed their time, energy, leadership, and dedication to the cause of government service, public service, education and global fellowship in three categories:
- Government Service Award
- Public Service Award
- Leadership Award
- Turkic American Gala Reception: Turquoise Council of Americans and Eurasians as the component organization of the “Assembly of Turkic American Federations” will co-organize the “Grand Opening of the Turkic American Gala Reception” in DC to further and strengthen the relations between the Turkic World and the United States.
- Turquoise Council CO-DEL Trips: The Council organizes Co-Del trips to Turkey and the Turkic World that furthers the current US-Turkey and Turkic World Relations, and meet with key contacts such as government dignitaries, business and association leaders.
- Turquoise Council Newsletter: Turquoise Council will publish the Turquoise Council E-Newsletter on a monthly basis, to report on Turquoise Council activities. We hope that as you enjoy it, you will be inspired to take your proper place in promoting the interests of the Turkish/Turkic and Eurasian American community.
As the Turquoise Council of Americans and Eurasians is becoming a resource center for the federal government, Congress, think tanks, state legislatures and media, the Council aims to serve you competently, effectively, and with the dignity befitting our great heritage.
On behalf of the Turquoise Council, I thank you for your belief in and commitment to the Council and the Turkish/Turkic and Eurasian American cause, and look forward to a successful year with your ongoing generous support.
Turquoise Council of Americans and Eurasians